Mauritius has traditionally been a key route for foreign direct investment (FDI) into India. The link between Indian markets and Mauritius is primarily established through economic and trade relations.
1. Investment Gateway: Mauritius serves as a crucial channel for foreign direct investment (FDI) into India. Many multinational companies and investors choose to establish their presence in Mauritius to leverage its favorable tax regime and bilateral agreements. Business graduates can benefit from this connection by working in Mauritius-based companies involved in Indian investments or by gaining exposure to cross-border investment strategies. (The Mauritius-India Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and the India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA)
2. Part time work: Part time work is legally allowed for 20hours/week with earnings upto 40000-50000Rs. Business graduates can connect with professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors from India and other countries while studying.
Cultural Understanding: Mauritius' diverse culture, including its Indian diaspora, fosters cross-cultural competencies.
3. Pathway program to UK, Canada and Australia - Post studies, the graduates can apply for visa in these 3 countries in ease due to the pathway program. Several of our students have moved to UK and Canada from Mauritius.
4. Access to Business and Trade Forums: Studying business management in helps graduates as Mauritius hosts various events that bring together Indian and international stakeholders. This opens a lot of access to business graduates towards multi-national companies.
5. Pay fees only after VISA confirmation
By leveraging this link, Business graduates can enhance their career prospects and contribute to the growing economic ties between the two countries.